THE FIA CONFERENCE BLOG
Speaker Profiles and Insights
Posted By: FIA
On: Wed 4 December 2013
Keynote speakers Alan Clayton and Tim Costello are considered world leaders and the depth of their combined experience is extraordinary.
Alan is one of the leading consultants, coaches, creative directors and inspirational speakers on the world circuit. He has worked with over 250 non-profits in the UK and around the world. His specialisms are creative strategy, donor insight and motivation and he has published much original research and theory.
Alan will present a 2-day Masterclass on Emotional Fundraising and the plenary session on Friday. He will also present a session in the Management and Fringe tracks.
Tim is one of Australia’s most sought after voices on social justice issues, leadership and ethics, having spearheaded public debates on gambling, urban poverty, homelessness, reconciliation and substance abuse. Since 2004, as Chief Executive of World Vision Australia, Tim has also been instrumental in ensuring that the issues surrounding global poverty are placed on the national agenda.
Tim will present the opening keynote presentation on Thursday 27 February.
The conference tracks include Management, Small Organisations, Donor Accountability, Digital and Social Media, Core Fundraising and Fringe. The focus is firmly on asking the tough fundraising questions, and finding the answers.
With such an extensive line up of speakers and variety of topics covered in depth; attendees can expect to walk away more confident, inspired and armed with an abundance of new skills and ideas.
Program Highlights include:
- State of the Nation update by Sean Triner from Pareto Fundraising
- Direct Marketing Mystery Shopping by Stephen Mally from Blackbaud
- Live Below the Line Online Campaign: What Works and What Doesn’t by Viv Benjamin from Oaktree Foundation
- How Do You Access the Mindset of a Successful Fundraiser by Richard Woodward
- Want to Turn Your Major Donors into Raving Fans? by Graham McKern from The Salvation Army
- Social Media: How do you Turn Clicks and Likes into Actual Fundraising Dollars? by Luke Edwards from Elevate Fundraising
- How Can You Tailor Fundraising to Local Needs? by Adele McIntosh from Ronald McDonald House
Alongside the amazing presentations will run a variety of panel discussions and showcases covering thought provoking topics such as:
- Don’t Just Add to the Noise: How Can You Make Your Message Heard?
- What Emerging Technologies and Platforms Should Fundraisers Be On The Look Out For?
- What Are The Pathways for Professional Development?
- How Can you Manage and Analyse Social Media Data Online?
- How to Maintain Motivation in Small Fundraising Teams?
FIA Committee Members, Staff and Conference Speakers are all thrilled about the program!
FIA Conference 2014
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
South Wharf Melbourne
Please visit www.fiaconference.org.au to download the full program and to register.